Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

a love letter


dear sweet little girl,

you're currently laying on your play mat that from day one you've loved the most. you're staring at me, which you do a lot these days and i can't help but wonder what you're thinking. what's going on in that cute little head of yours?

are you enjoying the music i'm playing?
the funny faces i'm making at you?

i'll tell you what's going on in mine.

i couldn't imagine my life any different right now. before you came along i thought that life was supposed to be lived successful. and that my life would be consumed with being the best at my job. that my spare time would go to hanging with friends, traveling, the answers we all give.

but now.

i could care less.
in all the best ways.

my career is no longer my passion. you are.
my dreams now include you.
my travel plans won't be without you.
my friends, well they just love you.

i honestly couldn't imagine doing life without you.

you're growing up so fast and i can't seem to figure out how to stop it.
but i can't wait.
i can't wait for you to crawl, and walk. and then grow up and want to do fun things with your cool mom. because yea, i'll be the cool mom.

it's hard to put into words just how much i love you.
one day when you have tiny humans yourself you'll get it.

i love you so much,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment